Do you want smoother, less wrinkled skin? Consider a chemical peel. This technique involves applying a safe chemical solution to the surface of your face that causes it to exfoliate and peel off, revealing fresh, new skin. At Allura MD Laser Aesthetics, the master estheticians and medical staff offer a variety of chemical peels according to your specific aesthetic needs. If you live in Salem, Virginia, or the Roanoke Valley area, call the office or schedule a consultation using the online booking agent to learn how you can benefit from a chemical peel.
Chemical Peels Q & A
Who Should Consider Getting a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels are an effective way to improve the appearance of your skin. They can address a number of dermatological conditions, including:
- Sagging skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun-damaged skin
- Melasma and hyperpigmentation
- Crows feet and aging skin
- Acne scars
The skin-care team at Allura MD Laser Aesthetics can help you determine if a peel is right for your skin type and goals.
What Chemical Peels are Available?
The staff at Allura MD Laser Aesthetics offers a variety of chemical peels. The intensity of each peel varies and is appropriate for different skin-care goals.
- Illuminize Peel: Also known as our “Red Carpet Peel”, this peel helps provide vibrant, radiant looking skin with minimal downtime. It’s appropriate for mild skin imperfections. With usually no “peeling”, it is great for the day before a big event
- Vitalize Peel: This peel also offers renewed vitality and vibrancy and has minimal downtime. It’s also appropriate for mild skin imperfections. There is some peeling starting 48 hours after the treatment for 2-5 days. This peel provides minor skin tightening and overall great skin tone.
- Rejuvenize Peel: This peel smooths the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The staff may recommend this peel if you have moderate to severe skin imperfections. You will have more peeling with this peel than our Vitalize peel, but deeper results.
- Sensi Peel: This peel is great for clients who have an inflammatory skin condition — such as acne or rosacea — as it helps calm aggravated skin.
- Obagi Blue Radiance Peel: This peel is a quick, superficial salicylic acid-based peel that exfoliates and helps improve your overall complexion. It also provides firmer, smoother, and brighter-looking skin after just one use. Commit to a series of four to six peels for optimal results.
How Do I Care For My Skin After A Chemical Peel?
Follow-up care depends on the degree of the peel you undergo. The staff at Allura MD Laser Aesthetics provides you a complete guide for your particular skin-care situation. Superficial peels take 2-5 days to heal. You may have some redness and scaling of your skin initially. Medium-intensity peels may take up to 7 days to heal. Your skin will look red the first day of treatment, and peeling usually begins at 48 hours, lasting up to 5 days. The post-procedure kit helps to minimize any discomfort. There is no need to take off from work.
Learn which chemical peel is right for your skin-care goals by calling or scheduling online with Allura MD Laser Aesthetics.